if sunflowers danced...

Friday, June 6, 2008

a bird pooped in my pinkberry

Dear New York City,

I've got to say, I applaud you.
I thought I had you beat.
I should have known better.

In the midst of an adventure to Pinkberry to celebrate the conclusion of my first week of my internship, you transported me straight back to reality. In the form of bird feces swimming among my strawberries and bananas you jarred me back to life.

Thank you.

I had forgotten how funny, unpredictable, and absurd life can be. Sitting behind a desk pretending to be a working professional for a week had me lulled into a comfortable fantasy. I had found myself in a world where I knew exactly what was going to happen every minute, a world where I could see myself working this way for the rest of my life.

But then like a mushy gray delivery from above, my sweet celebration was interrupted.
I couldn't help but smile.
I needed that.

Thank you.

No comments: